We always offer volunteer job opportunities for VFC'ers who have fulfilled the prerequisites for serving; and from time-to-time we have part-time or full-time employment opportunities.
Volunteer Job Opportunities: To get involved in any Volunteer Position, join the VCrew.
STAFF JOB OPPORTUNITIES:
Graphic Design Specialist
Are you passionate about graphic design and using your skills to support the local church? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow creatively and professionally?
As the Graphic Design Specialist, you’ll be responsible for design that will help support the overall vision of Valley Family Church. You should be skilled the Adobe Creative Suite programs, and have an understanding of marketing and brand management.
This is a Part-Time Position (20 hours) between Monday and Thursday.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION
- -Support and reinforce the brand identity of Valley Family Church through all design pieces
- -Create master art concepts for churchwide series and events that will drive promotion and support overall brand of Valley Family Church.
- -Create graphic elements for weekend services.
- -Design interior signage, exterior signage, various churchwide publications and web graphics.
- -Oversee internal large format printing and supply inventory
- -Communicate with outside companies for outsourcing, including quote requests, ordering and pick up
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- -You are fully entrenched in modern design and understand what grabs the attention of our current culture.
- -You can easily recognize effective versus ineffective design.
- -You have a teachable spirit and understand that your role in design is to support VFC’s brand, not your own.
- -You have strong marketing foundational knowledge.
- -You are organized and can work independently.
- -Your attention to detail is impeccable. You produce a work product that requires little modification. You are almost a perfectionist.
Qualifications for role:
- -1+ years of graphic design experience and/or training with portfolio of work
- -Fully competent in in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator? (Photo editing a bonus)
- -Understanding of Valley Family Church’s brand
- -Impeccable attention to detail
- -Understanding of marketing and advertising basics with proven experience
Desirable Skills, but not required:
- -2 to 4-year Degree with focus on Graphic Design and/or Marketing
- -Photography (creative eye, skillset and/or experience)